Lighting and DOF

I’ve been playing with these. The table and chair are old models I just put in for testing. I’ve got ideas for a new ones, gotta model them next. Only thing I ont like is the skirting board, I’m looking for a way to make it look like cracked paint, any ideas please.

Anyway Ill update it as and when I model the new table and chair.

Cheers, Wig

The chair looks odd from this angle. Outside of that, the lighting is on point.

Thanks XeroShadow, the chair is just an old model I did of an Eames LCM, I’m in the middle of modeling a new chair for this scene, I’ll update the image when I’ve finished it. New chair is a Wegner Elbow Chair.

Ok, I’ll come back for the update.

This is very nice! The only thing I feel is that the bump on the wall needs to be scaled down. Otherwise great job!

The camera is also very low placed in height, the chair and table are leveled with the camera. With the DOF I feel like this is in a miniature house for dolls. Was this your intention?

Thanks you for your comments. ShadowCamero I’ll try that on my next test render. cgxef no that wasn’t, I’ll experiment with different camera angles. But for now here is an update, I’ve changed the chair. It’s now a Wegner X-Base Elbow Chair. Got to sort the table out next.

Cheers, Wig

Your original chair was a better fit. Looking really nice.

Dude, this is great! I really have to look into creating depth of field. Outstanding!