2005 Ford GT40

Hey guys! :slight_smile:

OK, so here is my first real attempt at finishing a car. Same old story, I started quite a few but never got to the end for one reason or another, mostly lack of skills. :stuck_out_tongue: Here’s what I have so far, but more shots and wireframes will follow for anyone interested.

EDIT: Updated with latest progress:

Attachments

Looking like your making some good progress on the rear end now… Have a happy Thanksgiving Vicky.

Looks really clean! Nice works so far.

@harleynut97: Thank you, and Happy Thanksgiving to you too! :slight_smile:

@IconW: Thanks a lot! I’m trying to save myself a lot of nightmares further down the road. :slight_smile:

Looking good! Nice to see a GT around here. Your progress on the headlights is good, keep it up! This is worth finishing.

@sdighe: Thanks a lot! I’ll do my best! :smiley:

Progress from tonight, after much turkey…

Oh. I love them straight lines. :slight_smile:
Can’t wait for the final touches.

Looks really really good, great progress :slight_smile: Some real wheels is going to look nice on it though :smiley:

@IconW: Haha! Thank you! :smiley:

@Wega: Thanks a lot! Wheels should be coming soon, I have a few ideas designed in my mind, just have to translate them to Blender :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice work @VickyM72! Like the grills in #6

Same old story, I started quite a few but never got to the end for one reason or another, mostly lack of skills

I reckon it has to do more with other reasons than lack of skills, your abstract work is beautiful and clean looking, so you do have some skills…I really wish I could do them.

Anyways, keep on the good work Vicky and a late Happy Thanksgiving :slight_smile:

Very nice! Keep at it, it’s looking good. :slight_smile:

@tommy1441: Thank you, and thanks for the compliments! :slight_smile:
I guess the car story is a combination of things, lack of skills early on was a factor, for sure. I didn’t want to make a wonky car with obvious wavy lines throughout, so it’s better I’m doing one now when I sort-of know what I’m doing. It’s been one of my bucket list items(and many other 3D artists as well) for the longest time though, so it’s about time I finished one :slight_smile:
Late Happy Thanksgiving to you too! :smiley:

@ShadowCamero: Thanks very much! I just opened it up right now, and I’m finishing up the taillight section, so I’ll update this tonight :slight_smile:

Made some progress on the rear end of this thing, I think the worst part is over finally. I spent a lot of time tweaking various issues around the car too. :slight_smile: Here’s a couple of AO shots, including the progress:

So I went with the bumper delete accessories first, because I think it looks cooler than the actual bumper. I’ll probably keep it like this, although I’ll make the bumper as well and see how much I like it:)

Attachments

I am DROOLING. That mesh looks so clean, even with the tricky combination of sharp edges, inserts, and big sweeping curves. You’re doing a great job on this; wires would be super educational!!!

@Goldenfrog: Thanks a lot! Your cars are great, so it’s good to hear that coming from you! :slight_smile: Yeah, this thing was no picnic, it had a lot of lines that made my brain hurt :slight_smile: I’ll put up some wires as soon as I get a chance :smiley:

Here’s a few wires, some of it isn’t set in stone yet, but I hope it helps someone :slight_smile:

One more :slight_smile:

Wow, that is incredibly clean. You are doing the GT justice!

Those are some sexy meshes I’m seeing, you keep the edgeloops extraordinarily clean on those hard cuts too. Well done.