MicroMachines

I have finally finished my first work.
And… Taadaa! Here it is.

Some say that he is made of radioactive plastic and can turn into Barbie at fool moon. All we know is, he’s called the LegoStig.

By the way, most of the models are already on Blendswap.

Less blurred version:

And some layers:

Nice image.
I like the intro XD

Loving the Top Gear reference (huge fan)! The Subaru and Mini both look awesome. I also noticed it late, but I love how you can see the shoe in the background, makes everything seem very micro like it should be. I LOVE the wire wrapped around the nails and pencils. The lighting could be improved a little, everything looks kinda flat, but textures and the overall image are fantastic. Great job!

Love it! I like how you showed the layers, I’ll have to borrow that. :wink:

Thank you, guys!
And if someone is interested, here is the full WIP (though be warned, it is in Russian, so you’ll probably have to use Google Translator or something, or you may just watch the images there :)).

With all the recent hype around Filmic Blender I thought it’s time for me to try it too. I took unfairly deprived of attention model from my “MicroMachines”, made it a little more “toyish”, remade the materials and here it is.
What I understood from this attempt is that I did not understand it at all and I need to pull up my CG theory.

Another round of render engines exploration: this time - LuxRender.

Neat. I was amused by how nobody else in the scene paid any attention to the shirtless guy chilling on rocks in the corner.

Thanks. Everyone else is just totally engrossed in race, but that dude on the rocks doesn’t care: all he need is the sun.