Dissappearing objects :/

Hi all, I have a problem, Im making a game and it looks quite good based on what I have done in the past. Probelm is some objects dissappear. If i look at it in textured mode I can see everything perfectly fine, however, when I run the game some of the objects arnt visible, like they just dissappeared! Is there any way to fix this glitch? This is the most annoying glitch i have encountered so far so i need a fix.

Thanks, Lediron

Check your surface normals are facing the right way.

In edit mode try ctrl+n to flip them to facing outwards

Like sdfgeoff said, normals could be the issue. Another reason for this issue (which I just encountered yesterday) could be that if you have an object parented to another object, if the parent object has a non-uniform scale (is not 1, 1, 1 [fix by control+A to apply scale],) the child object will disappear. Is very weird.

Hi jujitsujo and sdfgeoff,

I have already tried both those methods and I just retried them, neither of them worked, I have stopped so many projects because I havnt encountered a way to fix it yet so with luck you or someone else has a soloution.

Thanks, Lediron

Check under the physics panel (in BGE) to make sure you haven’t accidently pressed invisible.

Otherwise, check the OUTLINER, and make sure beside each selected object the camera is visible (the eye means you can see it in the viewport, the mouse cursor means you can select it and the camera means it will be rendered.)

Or you could post a .blend if this still doesn’t work and we could try help you out.

Again, Neither of those are the problem, It also wont let me upload the file, though I think that might be my internet. The only way I have found to fix the problem is to join all the objects together but make sure the one you’re joining too dosnt have the issue. Even then Sometime I want the objects seperate so its not ideal.

Thanks, Lediron

Try playing the engine on wireframe mode. If they render, it might be a material problem, make sure your materials have no Invisible property active. Else, try to change the objects physics to No Collision. Also check if you have not created an automatic animation, or if there are no motion actuators active. They might be colliding, and moving away in a blink.
If all these fail, try to replicate the problem in a fresh blend, if you can’t then try, opening the problem objects in a different blend, if the problem persists, send us a copy of the blend.

physics invisibility randomly happens to me when I am using fly mode, it turns all objects invisible, however I think it’s just a shortcut I am fat-fingering.

Hmmmm, I think it was the edge split that did it, i have had the problem when there was no edge split on the object but i think if you remove/apply all modifyers and join to another object it fixes itself, it wasnt the materials, or the collisions but i think I have fixed it for the moment. I think it had something to do with smooth shading and edge split, idk.

Thanks for the advice, Lediron