How do I make the background video visible in the render?

When i try to render a frame of a video in which an object is inserted the video is not showing up, I only see the object.

How do I make the background video visible in the render?

I do not think this is enough info to get a answer. Are you doing it in vse video editor? or nodes? It is a movie not a sequence? There are a few ways to put a object in a movie. A screen shot would help. I do not believe Blender will auto alpha so a node or a alpha over will be needed.

I now work with nodes. It is now possible for me to see a mesh/object placed in a video. My goal is to move a blender created object through a ‘normal’ mpeg video shot with a camera.

So I have image now using nodes. I tried several settings with alpha over and mix, but the object is transparent.

I checked the settings in materials but they were all not transparent. I’m getting really upset a little:yes:, but I have to stay calm.

What I want is that the object is not transparent. Is there a node which you can add or any other solution?

Over on the left you can see under shading transparent is changed from sky in render settings. Pm me if I can help. I mostly render separate and put them together after the object is rendered so i had to figure it out.
oops I cut the left out.
In render settings the camera icon (Im sure you know that). under shading change the sky to transparent.

You can also use a plan and make the shading shadow only if you need a shadow. But that’s more nodes.

Ok Kazinger your tip about shading transparent was great, but now I have a video with the object and I see the transparent (little grey squares)
also the whole scene gets more dark, can that be cause by the Alpha over node or the mix node?

There is a image above with the nodes set up, a video and a scene object on the video. is that not the answer to your last post? I do not get what else you need.

I cant see what you mean kazinger.

Isnt there something like an opaque node in the nodes panel?

I create a new topic, realizing the question in the OP is solved.