Confused about baking cycles displacement to normal map

I have been playing around with creating a good rock texture in Cycles. I’m pretty happy with my results. Is it possible to bake the results of the nodes creating the displacement in the final Material Output node to a normal map? I want to use the normal map on my low poly version of the rock in the BGE.

Thank you!

you can allways plug the displacement/normal(tangent) map into the color of a diffuse material in your hires object, and bake the diffuse color, with selected to active. This can transfer allmost any map to your lores object.

In case you are using the bump node to produce normals, you can use this setup to convert the Cycles’ normals into Tangent maps:
http://www.blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?348799-Baking-Cycles-Procedural-Normals-to-Texture

Thank you for your response. I’m really confused about the terminology. I would upload my .blend, but I can’t seem to upload anything using the manager. Not sure what to plug where. I have several noise nodes feeding in to the displacement socket of the Material Output node. When you say that I can plug the displacement/normal (tangent) map in to a diffuse node, where/how do I get that map? I have a question about the nodes in the link you provided, but I’ll ask that question in that thread. That other thread sounds like what I want to accomplish.

Thank you.

Thank you for the response! I did quite a bit of reading of the links you sent. I was able to successfully bake the nodes that I had plugged in to the Displacement socket by plugging them in to an Emission node, and baking that. That resulted in a greyscale image. I’ll figure out some things to do with that image. Thank you for the great information!