Object follows camera when it shouldn't

I have a camera locked to a bezier circle on a locked track to an empty in the middle of a character. This lets me rotate the camera around the figure. It’s been working fine until… Up until frame 1054 the camera circles the figure and the figure stays put. At frame 1070 when the camera moves the figure starts to stutter. By frame 1075 the figure is fully locked to the camera.

Between frames 820 and 1180 the bezier circle is scaled down from 1.113 to .816 and the empty moves on Z from 3.3 to 4.06. I’ve done this before and not experienced this problem.

I can delete and rekey the camera/bezier circle actions (& hope it fixes the problem) but I’d like to know what happened.

I deleted, and recreated, the keys for the bezier circle and empty - it didn’t change anything. I also tried overwriting the character actions with a set of keys that worked - it didn’t help either.

Blender 2.71
OpenSuse Linux 12.3

solved?

When I scaled the bezier circle, I scaled all dimensions equally. Apparently, as the Z Scale changed from -.8 to .05 its origin locked onto the origin for the character. It makes no sense to me, but moving the bezier’s origin back to -.8 unlocked the camera/bezier from the character.