My IP is banned from BlenderNation.com

I’m in the Philippines using Globe Telecom for my ISP.

I’ve been visiting the Blendernation.com page daily for months without problems. Now It appears that my ISP’s public IP is blocked.

Has anyone else had this issue with their website?

I noticed about once a day that when I go there it is delayed because of a DOS check but normally everything goes fine.

Does anyone know if they(BlenderNation) are being attacked?

I’m not sure why this problem has come up for you, but you may find a solution by installing the Hola addon (Firefox or Chrome). It allows you to pretend you’re in another country which might just solve your problem (great for Netflix, too!).

It appears to be a temporary thing as I am now able to get to the website without problems.

I recently joined this forum and I’m currently in the Philippines also. No problems encountered so far.

It’s banned again. :frowning:

I’m sure it will be ok later.

Yes, I am banned from BlenderNation, but I still have to go there because it’s the de facto official news site for Blender and where all the program update news is posted. (Adventures in Blender is better for other Blender videos, though.) So, like RonTarrant, I’ve also just used Hola to get around the ban.

Thats a site I have to turn off addblocker on, Otherwise it won’t load for me.

If it’s an ad blocker that’s causing the problem, try Ghostery (Firefox addon). As long as you keep your settings up-to-date once in a blue moon, it works well and won’t block you from sites you want to visit. When it does, I just update my settings and everything’s fine again. I haven’t had to do that for a long time, so it’s quite robust.

If you are still having issues, try looking into a different kind of browser, such as SR Iron.

Never mind.It happens sometimes and then it will be ok!

You might want to check the browser you are using.