ZBrush to Blender Mapping Issues (Noob Question)

After generating texture maps (2048 x 2048) and a low poly object in ZBrush, I wanted to import them into Blender. However, when I placed the object into Blender, I noticed the flattened mesh layout in the UV Editor didn’t match the one I generated in ZBrush. I even exported the new object from Blender back into ZBrush, but again that didn’t match the previous UV layout. In other words the coordinates never seem to match which makes baking imported (ZBrush) maps in Blender seemingly impossible.

Obviously I’m missing something here and would like to know the correct workflow so I can bake maps onto low poly objects in Blender. I suppose it also begs the follow up question, viz., what would be the correct protocol for arranging nodes when baking imported maps onto objects.

Should add I’ve looked at a lot of tutorials, but none seem to address this specific issue. I also tried setting up GoZ with Blender, but that didn’t seem to work either. Thank you in advance for your advice!

Kevin

Attachments

If you bake maps in zbrush try flipping them vertically in zbrush (texture panel) before you export them.

Supply an example file with texture for review

if you bake maps in zbrush try flipping them vertically in zbrush (texture panel) before you export them.

that’s right.
A question though (to Richard)
What about the tangent space normal maps? Flipped vertically won’t work. Instead of a X Y Z coordinates you gonna have a X -Y Z.
There are some settings / prefs panel in zbrush. Still, a little confused. I just don’t bake normal maps in Zbrush so never quite understood it.

EDIT
In Zbrush preferences / importexport / flip map vertically
there are options for the normal maps.