Special effects developer needed!

Hello Blenderians! Bendlerites… Blender-ers?

Covalent Entertainment is looking for a special effects designer for our first console release. We are a registered business, and are in the BizPark program through Microsoft. We’re currently working on a website and should hopefully have that up with concept art and a description of ourselves and our project soon.

We’re working on our first release, which stems from the classic Shoot 'em Up/Bullet hell genre directed at consoles for a local co-op experience. No networked multiplayer will be implemented in this first release as our aim is to get a solid title out to consumers as quickly as possibly while delivering a quality game using the Unity3D engine.

The stage is set over 500 years in our future. Earth is dead, and man has moved on. Due to the vastness of space, law and order is scarce, and piracy is common. You the player are a space pirate bent on taking back what the government has stolen from you the people – discovering new and useful ship components along the way.

So that’s a brief intro to us and our project. Here’s what we need:

We’re looking for explosions, lasers, debris, comet trails etc. We also have specific abilities (read: skills/spells) that all need effects. Currently there are 16 abilities which are vastly different from each other, and our goal is to release with at least 80 abilities in total. This is why we’re looking for someone specifically to design effects – you’ll have your work cut out for you.

Required:

• An artist who is skilled with shaders (preferably Unity’s shaders) and must be able to implement said shaders in Unity. – These should also be efficient as to perform well on a range of platforms should we expand beyond consoles
  • Familiarity with Unity’s Shuriken particle system
  • A portfolio or example of a few effects – the fancier the better as this is what we’ll use to judge your skill.
  • Able to work off concept art accurately
  • Good team spirit.
  • Willing to sign an NDA
  • Willing to do a video interview (More of a meet and greet so we can put a face to a name)
  • MINIMUM 10 hours a week to contribute. (This will also depend on your efficiency. If you can pump out amazing results quickly we’ll obviously not care about time)

Optional:

• Experience with C#

If you’re interested, please private message me for my email. Any and all questions related to this post are welcome!

Please do not respond to this thread unless you’re seeking clarification that might aid others.

I can do VFX if anything. Check out my work
http://youtube.com/jesus650rwc

Is there pay?

Also, just a suggestion, have you tried looking for help on the Unity forums?

No pay at the moment, as all money brought in is going into licenses and supplies. The plan is to get a demo up and running (which we pretty much have at this point) and run a small kickstarter. Depending on the results of that there may be pay. I absolutely want to pay everyone that helps, so it’s certainly not a lack of desire. Simply budget.

I have posted on several forums, including Unity. The problem is that the Unity forums are full of budding developers, and straight up artists don’t tend to roam that forum. I surprisingly found a potential modeler there, but that is all.

I’ll add that this project is a clean slate for artists. You’ll get to come in, discuss visual style with myself and the concept artists, and then go to town. There’s dozens of effects (mostly particles, but other shader and mesh effects as well) needed right now. My guess is that if this is your thing, you’ll have a blast working on this with us. And by ‘you’ I mean anyone reading this.