Beginner asks help/favor from the Pros!

Hi guys my name is Stam,

Currently i’m on a project that have to create a Model and demonstrate of how a Knee works.

To do that i will use a Kinect Sensor Camera, and i will use it to move the 3D model i created in Blender. Until now all good, the only thing i need now is to show what is the Angle of my Knee, that means what is the Angle between the bones that my Knee is attached to and i want it to run the whole time i use my Kinect to move the Model-Mesh. Plus i want those Degrees(angle) to be exported to my Arduino so i can move my Robotic-Knee i made.

I tried to search scripts or other ways adds-on etc but didn’t find any solution, and i don’t have the knowledge to create a script of my own as i have no idea of python coding.

So what i’m asking you is, can you help me by giving me a script if you have, or if there is any, or by telling me what steps i should do? Like “use this function then this function…etc” so i can build that script. (I know programming in Matlab and Arduino so i think a guidance from you would help me to find a way).

Really need your help here,
Thanks your for your time in advance,
Stam

Hi guys again,

I managed to find a code for doing what i want.

Does anyone know which is the command to make my script run the whole time Blender is open? So i can always get the degrees every second or so?

Thanks
Stam

You should try out the modal timer example found in the text editor.