WIP Potential Cartoon Project

***Hey all!

This is just a little animation cycle that I worked on today for a toon-inspired character (obviously WIP) that I’m considering turning into a small cartoon game project. I’ll post of all of my progress/ideas here :slight_smile:

Let me know what you think!

Hey nice, but don´t you want to give him a face? Something to make him more individual?

I’d say this is alpha 0.0000000000000001.

Thanks for the reply! I realise now I probably should’ve been a bit clearer on how I reached this point.

Over the last few weeks I was working on a short course and this particular piece is the result of a ‘30 minute animation cycle challenge’ that we had. It was all for fun but now I figured that I have a walk/run cycle and have not attempted a game project in a very long time so I am considering using this character to do just that. It is not intended to be perfect and of course I will progress the character beyond this point.

I figure this could be a good opportunity to learn more about the game engine and hopefully end up with a nice little game as a result!

***Hey guys!

A small update for today :yes:

It’s feeling a bit more like a game now :wink: today I set up a few basic things:

• 3rd person camera with mouselook
  • Ability to switch between walking and running
  • Sheathing/unsheathing weapons

I’m hoping over the next few days to set up a few basic attack animations and a test enemy, then start looking into some basic AI. Still not sure where this is going but it’s a good learning experience :confused:***

…interesting.

the arms of the character seem a bit unproportional but regarding the ballony head its ok. according to the question of blenderrendersk it could be nice if the player can use photos to individualise the character or paint faces on it.