Problems with environment texture

Hi!

I’m having problems setting up an environment texture for the world that works.

Here is my setup that I copied from various tutorials I’ve seen and the render result it gives me.

The top left is the render result, the top right the viewport in cycle render preview, the bottom left is the material node setup and the bottom right is the material property set-up. Any pointer anyone?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]346085[/ATTACH]

Where is the camera view? If there is no camera, then there will be no result. Your environment texture is plugged into the proper input, and even though it isn’t hooked to the Mapping node, that should’ve be a problem. You are returning all black, so I have to think that you have a camera missing or you have something in your outliner set to not render.

Besides what Craig mentioned… If you want your HDMI image to appear as part of the background (not just for lighting), make sure in the render tab, in the film section, the transparant box is unchecked.

There is a camera in the scene, it was the top right window. You don’t see the camera because it is cycle preview but I’ve made a new image to better show that it’s there.

What is strange is that it works well in the preview window but not in the actual render. =/ And it really is the environment texture that is problematic as you can see that if I put a pink light, the pink light does it’s job but the environment doesn’t. =/ Also, connecting the “mapping” with the rest of the nodes don’t solve the issue. =/

Would you like me to send the blend file?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]346091[/ATTACH]

Pack the images and upload so we can open up and see what gives - there is usually something simple going on, liek a render layer turned off or something in the outliner preventing things from rendering.

Here goes : [ATTACH]346099[/ATTACH]

Render Layers tab - Use Environment checkbox.

Thanks eppo, worked perfectly. Wonder why it isn’t checked by default. 0o

It is, actually… I wonder how comes this was unchecked? Some change in User Preferences between the versions again like it happened with Global Undo?

Maybe, anyway, everything works now, thanks again to all of you 10/10 amazing community. Do I have to close the thread now? If yes, how?