twilight

hi all

blender / render blender / render time 3minute

1 Like

Nice image, I love that it took only 3 minutes to render as well! Something isn’t quite right about the rainbow though, maybe it’s too big and it looks like it is in front of that last tree, maybe its the mist playing games on me who knows :slight_smile:

I think that colors are too dark :stuck_out_tongue:

Personally, I would have left the rainbow out. But this looks really stunning! Great job! I’m assuming a great GPU; 3 mins with grass is crazy.

While i’m not sure in reality you can see a rainbow with sun in that position, it adds a nice touch of color, in my opinion. I know it’s in finished projects but maybe you can try adding some animals, as a couple of sheeps or cows eating grass, it will add a lot of “interest”.

With cpu 8 cor has been render

render2

I think it’s absolutely stellar! The atmosphere you’ve created really tells a story and evokes a feeling for sure. I love it!

Very good job …particularly the second picture! Amazing feeling!
Congratulations, Guy!

Continue, I love it (grass isn’t too dark…)

You gotta stick by your own feel, but I think the first one is best by miles. It has a pleasing balance of color, shade and tone. The lighting perfectly captures the feeling of that time of day (twilight), except I would have lowered the “sun” a little. In mist/fog like that it is entirely normal for rainbows to intersect the view: you can almost see the pot of gold. And finally the composition is well balanced and satisfying. It easily leads the eye down the path to the mystery within the trees, while simultaneously opening the vista to the upper left with it’s mist, volumetric lighting and rainbow. The second composition is too worked, the viewer is on the ground like a crawling drunk - an image reinforced by the forced focal depth. There is no sweep to the trail and that balance between earth and sky you had found in the first image is gone. It’s up to you, but my preference is the first picture: congratulations on a fantastic work. I am a great fan of the internal renderer and would really like to see some more details of your particle settings and lighting set up.

I just saw this on blendernation and had to come here to check it out. Beautiful work the lighting is really stunning. I hope this one goes up on the row.

@ross_m

tutorial

tutorial

Really a nice piece and thanks for the screen shots. With BI a short animation here would be no problem.

that is sweet , very nice work . great feel it too, very calming , at least to me . Good work . think i’ll try one of these myself .

how to create the fog ?? >w<

Nice Scene and Thanks for the Screenshots.
One Hint: I don’t think you can see a rainbow in such a situation with the mist and the sun from direction behind. And the rainbow colours are wrong. The red colour must be on the outside circle. This might confuse one or another without knowin why.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]346702[/ATTACH]
Seriously though…

camera,map value in Compositing

Looks like a pro video game shot, with a three min render time to boot. Why not do it in cycles? Oh yeah before anything nice work! Thanks for the break down as well learned something… i think I must book mark and come back to this one. Thanks for sharing. What are you working on next?