All My Private Messages are Gone

Even the one I sent earlier today is gone. Sent Box - empty, Inbox - empty.

Is this a server problem or have I been a very bad boy again? :slight_smile:

I just checked my PMā€™sā€¦ there all still there. Iā€™m not sure though when you first posted this. Did you try and do any maintenance on them today?

I havenā€™t touched them in months.

Moderators?

Seriously, am I banned from PMs?

This seems very strange. And youā€™re unable to make new PMs?

I can write them and send them (although I canā€™t say for sure they actually arrive). When I went back the other day, a few hours after sending one, there was no sign of it in my Send box. Send messages, inbox, everythingā€¦ All say ā€˜0ā€™ messages.

Itā€™s like being a newbie again. :slight_smile:

@Fweeb: I just sent a PM to you to see if you get it. After sending, there was no trace of it at my end.

PM received and responded to. Also, I had a look through your user settings (thatā€™s the best I can do. Thereā€™s no easy way for me to check the status of any of your PMs). It seems you have ā€œSave a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by defaultā€ set to ā€œNoā€. That might at least explain why your Sent folder is empty.

I just clicked on ā€œGeneral Settingsā€ and was taken to softwaren.com (I think that was the name) and got a pop-up saying my browser is out of date and that a critical security update was about to be installed. Naturally, I just closed the window without clicking on any scary-looking buttons.

BUTā€¦ is it possible you guys have been invaded? That might explain my disappearing messages, too.

I suppose anything is possible, but I think weā€™d be seeing more issues that are similar to yours. At this point it may be more likely that your machine has been compromised.

That said, it doesnā€™t hurt to make sure, so Iā€™ll run it by Wes and Jonathan to see if theyā€™ve seen anything weird.