Reverse Catmull clack sub devision?

Hello there everyone, I am new to the forums, but not to blender, I have been working with it for about four years, and I have run into this problem many times, When something is subdivided with Catmull clark I have never found a way to UNDO this option, it is very hard and almost impossible to work with in most cases for me, I will post a picture or it,

I want that to be like how it was, with just quads, I have tried the decimate modifier and that does nothing, I’ve tried transforming tris to quads and it also does nothing. I ran out of ideas so I am posting here for help.

When something is subdivided with Catmull clark I have never found a way to UNDO this option, it is very hard and almost impossible to work with in most cases for me, I will post a picture or it,

Don’t apply the modifier

I want that to be like how it was,

Decimate modifier set to unsubdivide with an even iteration value is the closest you’ll get in blender

Decimate modifier is the closest as Richard says. (in blender)
If you have a zbrush somewhere there (lol), import the obj, under geometry panel “reconstruct subdivisions”. Done. Export.
If it’s so important to you, you may post me the mesh and I’ll do it for you.
This reconstruct subs of zbrush is on my wish-list for blender/ multires modifier.
Just mentioned it because a few developers asked me once, why we need it.
Reconstruct subs is almost the core, the deeper essence of a multires modifier.

it is a simple model
you could also retopo it !

happy bl