Wooden Star Spangled Banner *Updated* *HD*

Made this today, really fun and quick to make!!! Rendering took a while.

2000x2000, 500 samples, Cycles, post-pro in Paint.NET. Click the image to see in full HD

Computer wallpaper version, 1440x900, 200 samples, Cycles, post-pro in Paint.NET. Click the image to see in full HD

Please leaves comments, critiques, and opinions!!! Thanks!

Old versions:

That’s a great wood texture, and I love the design of the flag. Care to post the nodes for that wood?

Thanks!!!

Here’s the node setup for the wood, I got the image texture from CGTextures and used njob for the height map.

Thank you! I’ll have to try those parameters on some of my attempts at wooden sculptures.

No problem!!! I’ve used this setup on a couple of projects.

Very nice! Cool to see something patriotic. :slight_smile:

Thank you!

This is a great concept and the execution is spot on.

Thank you!!! I really appreciate the feedback!

That looks excellent! I do have a question though. In your node setup, you have your final mixed shader node w/ a white diffuse node. What’s the purpose of the white diffuse node, is it to lighten/darken the glossy+textures+normals you have created? The image looks excellent, very simple but well done.

Thanks! Great question! It is basically a fake rim light. It gives a white outline around the object. I think the value on the white color is set to 1.500, you just have to play around with it, higher value makes it more noticeable but not a thicker line, diffuse roughness and the fresnel amount can change line thickness and how much the line fades/feathers.