A tea with my CG characters..

this is an experiment by me to ascertain the scope of doing such a composite, as my upcoming blender animation short film has a combination scene of CG character together with live character…

thank you…

A wonderful idea and well executed. It gave me a smile. We all spend quite some time with our characters. Why not having a tea together :slight_smile:

What, if any, of the furnitures is CG? It would be interesting to see how you’ve composed that.

1 Like

Dear minoribus,

thank you for the kind encouraging words…
sorry for the delay.
I was out of station…
I am attaching the render layers and the photograph …

The guy in the middle doesn’t look very real, though.

Just kidding! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Put their hands on the table - too hard to keep hands in this position

That’s a very workable hair solution you have and minoribus is right! we’re all so familiar with our work, it must be nice for you to take that time aside with them. :slight_smile:

I’d suggest darkening the darks in the footage or photographs to remove that halo/glow around things like your hair because it’s too much of a difference from the characters. The pants on the character at right are well integrated, near perfectly in fact, but the boy’s trousers have an edge around them that might flicker or draw too much attention in an animation.

Overall, it’s a delightful concept and good job keeping the camera angle simple - it helps to confuse the view as to what’s practical and what’s 3D!

1 Like

Thanks for the screen shots. Good work on the compositing!

1 Like