Easyemit problem, black planes with no textures [SOLVED]

I don’t know if anyone else has been having this problem and I realise it’s a bit late to be posting it up but I’ve been so focused on animating lately that I haven’t bothered checking out what the new updates did to other stuff in BGE. I have enabled GLSL as usual with easy emit installed and when I make a new project and a new particle system nothing renders and I took a look at the last layer where all the textured planes are put and it’s nothing but black.

Now I did check out a video tutorial on easy emit and the guy who made it said in the comments page it was something to do with not being in GLSL but obviously I’m in it already. Anyone have any ideas? Materials show up on the material tab as far as I can see and everything seems to be physically there.

What’s interesting is when I put it into multitexture mode the actual particles do show up but obviously without the material attached.

Hmm might be a problem with moving files around. I found the same problem if I opened an image (say on the desktop) saved the file without packaging the images, and then moved the image on the desktop. This then shows up black in the viewport.

To fix: Locate each of the particle images, delete the current texture slot and make a new one (however this may mess with the script), create a new texture, and open up the image applying the same settings. Then rename the new texture slots back to their original names (you might have to close the .blend after saving and reopen, to remove unused textures). Also next time go to external files and pack images into the .blend.

Again this might not work specifically for easy emit but this was how I fixed ordinary texturing problems

Might be easier for me to revert back to 2.69 in that case because it was all working fine back then, at least until the easyemit addon gets updated.

Note: I stand corrected, something very odd going on with the textures as you say, will try your method and see how it works.

I only managed to get some black planes to show up for some reason blender seems to be totally ignoring GLSL O_O I loaded up factory settings just to be on the safe side and while it did render the particles in multitexture it doesn’t even acknowledge the textured planes on the last layer that you get with easyemit.

Okay! Just got somewhere! For some reason it renders okay in the blender standalone player, not sure why, will carry on poking around.

Oh for f*cks sake, I think I still have a cold, turns out I left my viewport in solid mode instead of material mode which is why nothing worked -_- sorry about that guys :smiley: Yep, back to normal now, I was wondering why everything suddenly stopped working, just like what happened with proportional editing flipping an option without even realising it.

click edit on your first post and mark the thread as resolved. Makes it a little easier for those who want to help others out :wink: