Gooseberry (Cosmos Laundromat) the pilot and Weekly updates discussion

So since the original Gooseberry thread was locked I thought it would be good for the community to have at least one thread to discuss the pilot and the weekly updates.

To open up discussion, my thoughts about the previs animatic/layout are just about aligned with Hjalti’s comments. Too many lingering, disjoint transition (missed call to action he called it) from tangled up state of Frank to the ‘ride&chase’ sequence.

My suggestion for what is worth is to have the so called dragonflys follow a common path in shots leading up to Tara’s getaway. When she flys away she could have a small slapstick moment jumping on or in other way interacting (spiraling around) the dragonflys to tie in its path to the one of the dragonflys. Then when Frank mounts the dragonfly he could be just following the common path of the dragonflys. Also you could get some funny moments in that sequence bumping in other dragonflys and similar (maybe beeping by pushing on the dragonflys eye to pass the slow ones), and then break out of it the same way as its now (through the jungle tree tops).

Some random thoughts:

At the end the Frog thing should prolly look uninterested maybe scratching its head with the back leg until it notices the falling Frank then transition to a smile.

Also one general thing. Usually characters are reinforced with a gimmick, be it Joey’s “How You Doin’?”, Joe Hallenbeck’s “And then some” from the Last Boy Scout, or some non-verbal action which the audience should remember. Does Frank have any?