Chemical Bond - Artistic Representation

I am working of a rendering of an organic molecule on a surface. The atoms are represented as spheres, and the bonds are represented as cylinders (white or grey).
I want to emphasize one particular bond that has formed by a special effect, such as some sort of flames wrapping around the respective bond-cylinder.

This should be done in Cycles, and can be done either with the new smoke and flame rendering, or a particle system, or anything else.

I do not have a precise idea of how it should look like, which I know is a difficult starting point - but hey, that means a lot of artistic freedom! The underlying science is about heat generation due to the formation of the chemical bond (and how the heat is distributed through the system). Thus, while some subtle lens flare effect can be ok, I’d rather emphasize the the heat generation (rather than emission of light).

I was thinking about a payment somewhere around 20 to 40 USD - depending on the complexity of the render. This work should be used as a part of my render of the whole system, for which I want to keep the full copyright (but that can be discussed).

Any ideas?

So you already have the model and materials and only need fire, lighting and rendering? Do you only need a still or an animation?

I have the model of the system (including materials), everything in position. There is some animation as the atoms move a little bit, but a still for the fire is enough.

I Think i Can help you out. PhD In chemistry myself and teach a bit also.

PM sent, hope to hear from you soon!

I’ve also sent you a PM. Cheers.