MSI 990FXA-GD80 Motherboard

Hi folks,

Always wanted to model some computer parts, and while waiting to get a supplier for system parts for my new rig, I decided, heck why not model the board I’m aiming at buying. This model consists of 1497 individual parts I modeled. I’m considering in modeling parts like the graphics cards as well as the powersupply and many other parts too, and then maybe create a collective gallery with all the parts fitted and plugged in.

Behold, the MSI 990fxa-gd80 board that support the crazy FX9590 CPU, in full 3D. Hope you guys like the end result.

Render Time: 20 minutes (GPU)
Samples: 1000
Polycount: 766 648
Parts: 1497

Programs used:

Blender 3D - Modeling, lighting, rendering, compositing
Adobe Photoshop CS3 - Texturing

Sketchfab Model: Slow Connections might load longer

https://sketchfab.com/models/9922a2f718604577aef6dab59c15ec78

Images

[ATTACH=CONFIG]345758[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]345761[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]345759[/ATTACH]

Clay Rendered Images

[ATTACH=CONFIG]345568[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]345569[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]345570[/ATTACH]

With all those details you should have spent a lot of time.
Amazing work!

Absolutely beautiful work Ettienne :slight_smile: This really deserves a feature!!

This is incredible! So much detail! :slight_smile:

Thank you guys for the great comments, always nice to see folks who like my work, helps to keep me motivated in carrying on with doing what I love. :slight_smile:

Lovely. Great work.

omg THIS IS AWESOME

I was just wondering if you did some post pro on that or if it is all straight from Blender?

Hi pasder,

No Photoshop was used for post work, the renders are purely straight out of blender. the only thing that I used photoshop for, was creating the Textures on the board, with all the stickers. The less photoshop work needs to be done after the render, the happier I feel about it.

I feel though as if it is cheating in a manner, when one still does Photoshop post-work afterwards.

Well done! Maybe a stupid question, how did you do the board texture with all the tracks, solders, etc?

Hi Milk,

The soldering on the board for all the small chips were modeled, as for the actual board texture, I created a tileable texture that was used, together with a normal map. Having a lack of the real board’s circuitry, I went with a custom texture that could come as close as possible to the actual board’s circuitry.

Glad to know you like it. :slight_smile:

Hi folks,

Apologies if this resurrects an old thread, finally got around to making the wireframe renders. Enjoy!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]349143[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]349144[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]349145[/ATTACH]