WIP need help making the charachter more cute : )

hey guys working on a disney inspired character , and i wanna make her more cute,

any suggestions ? : )
its all sculpted att the moment.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]345511[/ATTACH]

little update

update nr 2 [ATTACH=CONFIG]345530[/ATTACH]

It’s quite good as it is. Smaller nose should work better on the cuteness department.

From left to right: Original, smaller nose, flattened hair, different expression

Bigger head and eyes, smaller nose are usual cuteness factors (like in manga and babies). Eyes are important so tried to put more focus on them by flattening the hair but I think the original hair fits better, although it might work with flatter hair and ears sticking out a bit.

Expression will add to cuteness. Eyelashes would change the look too. But one thing you might want to change is the pattern on her crotch area. Sculpting with mirror on it’s easy to make it a bit inappropriate.

personally I wouldn’t mess with it. I like that it has a genuine feeling to it. I would however break up the symmetry in the crotch area as JA12 suggested.

hey guys thx for the comments, as for the eyelashes , they will come later and is ofc a importent part i agree.

hehe the crotch area is like u say a “problem zone” right now :smiley: and it will be fixed. I was thinking maybe a little longer legs and perhaps drag out the shoulders a little , so i get more of proportions of it , not any major changes but a few smaller ones ,what do u think of that ? : ) thx agien and ofc i will post the progress ! : )

here is a small update, made the shoulders wider and lowered them a little , mad the legs a bit longer and the crotch area smooth, and i put the legs together a bit more.

stuff to do is the eye lashes, the hands and ? : ) cheers guys a really apporiciate that u are taken the time to help me out.

oh and a quick notice , the hair is gonna be from the strand hair render, this is just a quick preview . cheers

Yea, smaller nose and changing the crotch area were my only suggestions. Rest of it was just testing and thinking out loud.

It’s not a manga character and she’s not wearing diapers so can’t exaggerate head/eyes proportions the same way. Eyes are still important though, so when the looks change with eyelashes and particle hair, check that the overall impression stays like you want it. There are many more subtle cute-factors to choose from and add later, (facial expression, pose, clothing that gives personality). Perhaps best to get a good character first and this one is well on its way.

so here is a little update, fixed the hands , and well its hard to see from this angel they are fairly good now. messed a little with the shirt but ill think im gonna model new boots since its kind of hard to sculpt boots in my opinion.

made the nose a liiiiiitle bit smaller ( not much : ), )

next update will have eyelashes and the real hair , textureing the cloths will come later along the way. thx for following and helping in the progress. : ) lets kick Elsa of her throne ! ; )

update with better eyebrowns and got some basic eyelashes aswell , feeling pretty good now and think im going to start retopolo it and then add stran hair to the sculpted hair.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]345805[/ATTACH]

here is first update with test hair… : )

so i made som refinements and and made the eyelashes with particle hair aswell , wich turns out to be reeeally hard.

well here is the progress so far.

redid the sweater and put some particles on it

Increase the step value on the hair to get rid of the segmented appearance. I actually like the one before you added particle hair, personally. As you make her more ‘pretty’ she loses character. Also, I would consider adding some wrinkles to the shirt kind of like so:

hey mordron , thx ye i do agree with that the look got completly changed onece the particle hair entered. but im going for the cute and beutiful look that would fit in as an animated girl. ye i actully have a lot of wrinkles on the sweater but the particle strands kind of hidden them. : ) but i think atleast she is more beutiful now , but the more orginal look perhaps fall uon the first one :slight_smile:

almost done now, a few kinks here and there thou , and ofc she has to be posed. but this is the progress so far, tell me what u think ! : )

cheers

here is a posed update

looking good. the hair looks better now. it looked a little bit spider webby or something before.

thx modron , still got some work on the sweater and the eyes isent doing it for me yet.

but beside of that and Maybe the hands im totally happy , hope to fix those things and hope that it will be good enough :slight_smile: