3D Cursor and Rotating

I am trying to rotate something, but every time I try to click on the red axis, the 3D cursor (that thing that looks like a sniper crosshairs) appears where I click. I don’t want the 3D cursor to move, I am just trying to click on the red axis wheel of the rotation tool.

well the thing which u are trying to do is to move the handles of the xyz direction but instead u are left clicking… well in blender left clicking dnt act like all the other software’s do instead it act on right click… i think u should try to select with right click then move with left click… try it…

Moved from “General Forums > Blender and CG Discussions” to “Support > Basics & Interface”

What version of Blender are you using? Also, what is your screen resolution? It may be that you’re not clicking accurately enough.

Can you elaborate on this? I don’t have any problems with RMB and snapping.

Fweeb probably is on the right track. If it is about how accurately you click on the handle, you could change the manipulator hotspot size in user preferences -> interface.

An easy way to avoid that is to go into User Preferences and change the Set 3D Cursor command to Double Click, then it won’t move if you just single left-click somewhere. You need to double click to move it.
Be sure to click the Save User Settings at the bottom.

Steve S

Perhaps you could share your technique? I tried it and just couldn’t get it to work.

Face snapping, snap to other objects activated.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26346140/face_snap.mp4

Very odd. I just tried it again and it worked. Don’t know what I was doing wrong the first few times.

Thanks, I did that, but even when I right click or left click, the program doesn’t allow me to touch the red, green or blue axes in the rotation ball. I don’t understand.

Please provide more information about your computer. What is your screen resolution? What video card are you using? What’s your operating system?