Future city

Heey guys! I know it’s very short and simple but I would like to show you this, hear some feedback and learn more.

Blender short 1-day try: 4 models, array modifier and particle boid system.

Models by: Herminio Nieves, Jacek Mainczyk
Music: This is the Future - Epic North

render res: 1920x800
vimeo res: 1280x532
samples: 135
average render time: 2:36 min / frame
gtx 770

before compositing, after, additional cc

“Blender short 1-day try: 4 models, array modifier and particle boid system.”

You make it out like it was simple to do… Other than being short, this looked fantastic!

But it IS very simple though. One model of few simple buildings arrayed to this ‘valley’, 2 same models scaled up in bg, 2 low poly spaceships as particle boids and one more spaceship train-like in the end and voila! Thanks for comment Rod, appreciate!

You could try to make some of the flying cars turn by putting some invisible walls in thier way… I think you can control which particle system is effected - the collider invisble has to be in the same wall as the particle system…

Very nice!

Very nice work. Inspirational as well, now I want to make one!

This would be better shown backwards. It’s wide angle, obviously an ‘establishing’ shot, so the audience expects to get a sense of where they are, and then to focus in on something. But, rather than have the camera move toward something, the camera moves away, then hides under an overpass. Huh? Engage your audience: move into the scene.

Nice modeling, cool use of boids and arrays.

A great result if you wanted a Star Wars-type cityscape. I agree, the cinematography was kind of weird, and some brighter colors could help as well, but otherwise, this is quite nice.