war scene

I wanna make a footage that shows a war scene,please tell me what can i add to my scene to make it better.

texture and helmet were made in blender,please talk about the texture

I have a feeling that this thread might get lost in the “Technical Support” section, as it is rather artistic feedback you’re after? Anyway…

For me the main issue is not the textures. If this thread hadn’t been named “war scene” I might not have seen this topic in the image at all. The center object doesn’t really look like a steel helmet shape-wise (IMHO) and the rest is just a barren landscape.

For a war scene I would rather think ruins, debris, barb wire, perhaps a skull in the rusty helmet ot the helmet hanging from an improvised gravestone cross. Something like this perhaps - without the alien-ish skull, of course.

It certainly doesn’t belong in “technical support.”

The basic problem with this shot as-is, IMHO, is that the lighting is not dramatic. It’s quintessential, über-flat “great big soft-box” Cycles lighting. So, the helmet’s front doesn’t even particularly look round. The color is monochromatic and oddly blue. The setting, likewise, isn’t dramatic.

Go grab a good book on studio lighting … for photography … and read the thing cover-to-cover. Learn about compositing so that you know how to combine the Cycles render-outputs with BI render-outputs. Most of all, learn how to position the camera and to establish composition. The “rule of thirds” and so forth. This shot, as it stands right now, is basically dull.

Overall, the image isn’t bad, but in addition to what’s being said above, it doesn’t really tell a story, ​I feel.