Ball and Tail short animation

Here is the animation with the frame count.

Please give critiques. It’s my first planned animation. It might not be the best but its baby steps :smiley:

Model and rig from CG Cookie INC
License with Creative Commons Attribution

I would slow down the tail movement that hits the tall block around frame 90. Most all the other tail movements were pretty fluid and natural, that one tail whack seemed too fast compared to the others.

But overall nice job with this animation.

Hey very cool, very smooth animation.

Very nice.
This is what would happen is Blender and Firefox merged :slight_smile:

Thank you all

Thank you! It did seem a bit fast with the whack. I probably shouldn’t have shortened the whack so much.

Hi. If this is your first animation, I see for my personal progress a long way to go to catch up. Good Work.
Can you share some details about how you the tail is setup for the animation?

I’ve been messing with game animations for a few months but nothing like this. I suggest the Animation fundamentals and the Parkour courses from Beorn Leonard on CGcookie.com. You can become a citizen on the site to view the videos, buy the courses alone, or buy the dvd and/or download from blender.org to fund blender. You can get the ball rigs from Blendswap > http://www.blendswap.com/blends/view/25009 this is the link.

I’ve been using Beorn’s workflow and helped tremendously. Animation fundamentals is a simple and easy route to know the workflow. The Parkour tutorial shows how to plan ahead using all sorts of stuff.

Here is a little more information using the same rig. Ball and Tail rig has 6 important bones. Squash, Body, and 4 tail bones. Squash is for impacts and stretch. [1] Body is basically a character root bone to use for location and rotation. [2-5] Tails are FK.
When using this rig think of overlap animation. 5 follows 4, 4 follows 3, 3 follows 2, 2 follows 1.