Some Addons not installing

Hi,

I appear to be having issues installing some addons for some reason.

Ubuntu 14.04, Blender 2.72b manual install etc.

The ones I’m having trouble installing are:

Blam
Window Generator
Auto Tile Size
Physical Camera
Hair Toggle

Maybe Blam just ain’t working, but the rest are retired. Any ideas?

Thanks, Jay.

For BLAM , you can download the blam.py there :
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/stuffmatic/blam/master/src/blam.py

And move that blam.py file in your
…\Blender-2.72b\2.72\scripts\addons\

You’ll be able to enable it in File -> User Preferences
Then in Addons panel , in the 3DView category you will see “3D View : BLAM - The Blender camera calibration toolkit” listed

That seemed to do the trick, I tried before adding the folder for Blam and it’s contents manually, but that didn’t work. Seems that the .py on it’s own is enough for it to work - thanks.

This is a little different. I have been the following error: Multiple addons using the same name found! Likely a problem with the script search path. I have downloaded a new Blender while removing all of my personnel addon and the problem is still there. I have combined the contents of the addons and addon contrib files under the script folder and have some overlap in file names. I have removed these files and still have the problem . I have removed all of the files in the addon contrib and still the same problem. I’m not sure what to do next.

Depending on your OS it is different where you look for the addons; start blender from the terminal in the directory where it resides.
Error message will be much longer and will show exactly which addons in what directories overlap. Delete one of offending py files, make notes/backup before to be safe.