Setting up a material with a texture and color ramp

Hi folks! Hoping you can help me out with this one.

I’ve been toying around with Blender for a while, trying to achieve a certain look for a project I’m working on. Mainly, I’m just using materials with color ramps. but what I’d like to do however, is to use simple textures and sort of apply the ramped color of the material over the texture.

I’ve looked around a bit and haven’t found exactly what I want. I messed around a bit with nodes and got quite close to my desired results but I eventually gave up as I wasn’t really sure what I was doing.

Here’s a simple hallway with textured materials on the wall, ceiling and floor. It it looks like this without lighting:

Here’s that same hallway, but with a material with a color ramp on wall, ceiling and floor.

If I take the first image, and then add the second as a layer with a multiply function over it in an image editor, then it’d look like this, which is the result i’m trying to get in Blender.

But as I mentioned, I’ve been unable to get the effect. Would it even be possible? I’m using the regular Blender Render. Thankful for any answers.

Just wanted to let you know that I gave it another shot, still using my original idea, and as it turns out I must have missed some detail because this time I got the exact results I was looking for.

Sorry if I wasted anyones time.