OpenCL on intel hd 4600

Hi there,

I tried to compile kernel for intel hd 4600 but it seems it can not do so, I waited maybe 30 minutes and it was still not compiled.

I tried running openCL on core i7 4770 and it worked, I tried openCL on gtx 750ti and it worked…

So, is it doable to run openCL on intel hd 4600, personally I do not see reasons why it could not be done, blender identifies intel hd 4600 as an opencl device, but I was not able to get through compilation process.

So the question is, do I wait too little, or lack some drivers or something of that sort?

Also blender allows to chose all 3 devides as compute devices for openCL, but not say only intel 4770 and gtx 750ti, thats strange.

Any help would be appreciated!

my specs: core i7 4770, gtx 750ti, 8gb ddr3, windows 8, blender 2.71

Hi,
I don’t have any answer for you but I can’t get why you want to use openCL on a HD4600 for cycles when you can use a 4770 or CUDA on a 750ti…

Because it can speed up the rendering :stuck_out_tongue:

The HD4600 on my i5 Quad core is ~1.2x faster in OpenCL rendering with LuxRender, compared to my CPU (4 Core), so if I can use both to render, I get the speed as if I have 2 CPU’s :slight_smile:

However, it may be that the driver implementation of OpenCL for the HD4600 is unable to properly compile Cycles, much like the issues AMD cards have been happening.

Exactly like zeealpal says, I can use not only 4770 or CUDA, but I can use ALL 3 devices in openCL mode (CPU, intel GPU, gtx 750ti), that should speed up rendering quite a bit!