congruence of two parts

Hello, I have problem frustrating me for two weeks now.

I have two parts that I want to achieve congruence or perfect adaptation between their two surfaces.
The two parts have a lot of triangle faces , which aren’t adapted to fit on one another .
I would like to know how can I make the surface of one part to have the exact positive “male” impression of the second “female” negative part , so that when I place two faces of one part on the two corresponding faces of the other part, all the other triangles would fit perfectly one on the other without having gaps or excess intersection between the two parts.

I now have that kind of interface for example : |> (The bar | in on the first part,the > is on the second)
I want it to become : >> .

Sorry for the big text , you can see that I’m not desperate.

Thank you !

Always more useful to supply screenshots and example blend file rather than having to decipher what you are trying to describe

Vertex snapping (magnet icon on 3d view header)
Shrinkwrap modifier

you say that
The two parts have a lot of triangle faces , which aren’t adapted to fit on one another .

then it is not congruent !
show some pics so we can see what you mean

one way would be to replace on side with a copy of the other side
then it would fit 100 %

happy bl

Here’s the screenshots of the two parts.

If I put them together, there will be voids and intersections all over the interface. therefore I would like to find a way to make one of those two parts have the same surface as the other so that when I put one on the other, the interface would be in full contact and without excess or gaps.
I didn’t find a tool to upload the blender file .
Thanks for your help.

why isn’t my reply showing ?

what it is supposed to represent ?

I think before upload file you need like 6 post !
but you can upload at pastal.org
or on MSN if you have a public account

in any case why is there so much difference between the 2 inside parts
if one inside is not important

I would remove on one part the inside then copy the other inside and try to patch it on the other one

hope your following !

happy bl

Here’s the blend file so it would be easier to get my point.

If I remove from one part as you suggested, and patch on the other,I would end up with gaps between the part I patched and the surface I patched it on.Filling that would then take ages (If its doable)

thank you for your suggestions

but can you get rid of the upper part of the bottom ob or want to keep it and close it to the top part !

also you top ob seems to be close 3D
inside and outside faces

is it necessary ?

difficult to fit the 2 objects
bottom ob has only one outside faces

happy bl

if I cut the bottom ob flat like this is it good or not
if not elaborate how it should be joined to the top ob

thanks

did a test with Boolean union
and it seems to work
but not certain it gives a nice model there are lot of inside faces topo is not really good

happy bl

Attachments

Thank you for your help.

This is the end result that I want to achieve as you see in my picture.
Except that I want that the inner surface of the right object be perfectly adapted to the surface of the left object.
That’s what I am not able to perform.

I have a theory that could work but I don’t know if it’s doable on blender.
Is there a way to close the open side of the top object(in your screenshots),or thicken it’s inner surfaces(without modifiying the outer surface) , and fill the whole cavity ? After that I can do a difference with the bottom part, and I would get a perfect impression in the top part.

Wrong box…Deleted text.

is that a 3d scan of a tooth??

I selected all the inner faces of that shell object. How can I extrude them all to one point in the middle ofthe shell (A point in the cavity) ? I tried pressing “E” but all the faces move in one direction. I want them to congerve to one point to augment the inner thickness,that way I could then go and do a difference boolean with the other object. (Because if I do a boolean now,The difference wont work because not all the faces get in contact with the other object).
Thank you

do you mean to move the faces keeping the same shape or to make a flat area?

to only move just select and G in the direction you want

to flatten select faces and Scale to 0 !

happy bl

Scale X0 looking at your image that is…

scaling might be sort of a problem

depends which part of the inside cause this is like concave
the inside is bigger then the bottom part !
see pic here
unless you want only a part of the inside !

the inside is bigger then the bottom part
so which part you need to move ?

happy bl