Rigging issues please help.

I can’t seem to figure this out.

I have 2 rigs, the pony tail which is a parent of the hair, and the body rig to the body. Here I parented the whole pony tail rig to the head bone in blue. Upon rotating the head bone in pose mode, the hair almost follows the head correctly. I can’t figure out why it’s offset.

Upon moving the neck bone, the hair is completely ignored by the head bone for some reason.

Finally what I want it to look like, but this only happens when I rotate the chest bone.

Does anyone know a solution? Thanks! I much appreciate it!

{Solved, had to combine both armatures}

Hard to tell from your description exactly what’s going on. You can use pasteall to post your .blend file which makes it easier to check out.

It may be easier if you make the ponytail bones part of the main rig. It sounds like there could be some parenting issues, possibly your ponytail rig parented to the head bone, rather than just the first bone of the ponytail. I’d be trying to weight the hair on her head to the head bone, and the ponytail to it’s bone chain. And I think this would be easier if the rigs were combined into one.

I agree with Hammers recommendation of joining the two armatures into one… (select both and use Ctrl+J) (just like joining objects) then work it from there…

we also may have to see a file of at least the Rigg…

and pastall.org is a great place to do that…