Render output much lower quality than 3D screen render

First, sorry I have’t got th blend file to upload.

The 3D view set to render, shows material colors correctly and particles in various colors. Just as I would expect. (Picture has grease pencil on it)

BUT, when I click ‘render’ what I get is blotchy and the objects don’t have materials. The particles are rendered okay but a bit fuzzier.

The scene has multiple emitters (out of camera view) and two primitive objects set with a blue material. No textures. One of the objects is also an emitter. There are 3 lights and one camera. Blender 2.72b. New workstation i7.

The settings are 100% 1920x1040 but look low res. Anti-alias at 8. Internal renderer.

There are artefacts around the objects. (blotchy noisy image)

The objects look like a highly compressed black and white image.

I can try to upload the blend file another day.

No doubt it is something absolutely obvious. Do you need the file?

Attachments

Low res images that show very little are pretty much uselsss.

Do you need the file?
Of course.

I spent 2 hours reading other people’s render problems and found the answer. I had a video clip in the sequence editor and that was the problem.

Seems that blender goves preference to this and to compositing rather tyhan rendering the current 3D screen. It would help if there was a radio button on the render page where this was made obvious and user selectable.

You mean like a checkbox in the render settings where you just tick off the sequencer or the compositor? :wink:

What is actually missing here ^ is a small red or green dot near the Sequencer. Or the same icon as in Layers with a dot inside. :RocknRoll:
Near the Render button would be even better place for this. Another 1/2 cent.

No, not like that.

First those check boxes don’t tell me what Blender is going to render. I have to already know that it has a preference for those other forms of rendering. Those checkboxes come under a heading “Post Processing” how am I supposed to guess that when I want to render the 3d window that Blender is, instead goining to do some POST Processing?

The radio buttons should be right under the ANIMATION button stating:
RENDER OF Sequencer[] Compositor[] 3DView[]
The one Blender defaults to would be indicated, but would be capable of change by the user.

What Blender is going to do should not be a secret that only experienced users know. It should be explicit.