Range Rover

This is the current state of my render***

Not finished yet, but I hoped for some guiding feedback, keeping in mind it’s my first car made in Blender.

***My portolio: http://adamszablewski.cgsociety.org/
Scroll down for updated versions of this render.

Very nice!

I am glad you like it :eyebrowlift:

Just thought I could show how the scene looks.

Looks good so far, for the material I would incorporate Fresnel fall off. Also don’t forget to have a HDRI map plugged into blender so the reflections can reflect a texture instead of nothing :slight_smile:

Keep up the good work!

I actually did use an hdri. The forest background is actually a 360* image. Perhapse I just have to increase the strengh or something.

Modeling can be improved, but being your first car is looking good.
Little suggestion, if you don’t know already, for the round things (they should be fog lights?) down the main lights: to do them round you can use the loop tools addon already in Blender, just need to activate it. Select the edge loop (while hovering on it press alt +right click) then w, loop tools, circle.

Thx for the tip, I actually wondered if there was any tool like that, and then I see this comment :slight_smile:

An updated version of the car

Very nice! Much much much MUCH better then my first try on a car.

One thing could be looked at though. It’s almost like the car is floating in the air.
The image and the car isn’t really connecting. I think that if you can make a small and hard shadow directly under each tire the “floating” effect would disappear. Study this cars shadows for an example and compare it: Range Rover

Agreed, this is very good for a first attempt! If memory serves me correctly, the Land Rover icon on the grille should be off to the left side of the car, not in the middle. Also, the tire tread could use some work, it looks a little basic at the moment. I agree with yohasse in that the shadows should be harder under the car, especially around the wheels considering where the sun is on the background image. Right now it looks almost as if the shadow was part of the background image and the car was just placed on top.
Great work so far :smiley:

Basicly that is just what it is :p, however I will try to fix it, to look better.

An updated version of the car. What do you think?

Actually I came to the conclusion that the previous render was bad, so I tried to chenge both the enviorement and mood.

Looks too flat because of wrong light setup. Also car is too small, turn down car lights and dont use that light source placed above the car. Then setup proper ground to achive more accurate shadows - or shadows are ok but car is too bright… anyway - render it using only environment map as a light source then use sun as additional light source.

An updated version

Which do you prefer?

First, but that’s a tough one, they both look good. :slight_smile:

Yeah, I know, the first looks more realistic , if so to say, but the second one looks more pleasent to me :eyebrowlift:, but still really hard choise for which one to go for.

Looking a lot better than the original post! I think I prefer the second one. Maybe deflate the tires a tiny bit and bulge them near the bottom to make it feel more like the are on solid ground?