Issue with rigify metarig to makehuman characters

I hope someone can help me, this is driving me mad…

Basically i can parent an armature or rigifiy metarig to models that i have created in Blender, using Blender native primitives, no problem. The mesh deforms and animates correctly.

The issue is coming when i try to do the same with a modified mesh that i have imported from makehuman. Once i align the rigify skeleton to the mesh, i am not getting the drop down selection to set automatic weights to the mesh after I select the skeleton, then the mesh then hit CTRL P that you would normally expect to see when parenting armatures to a model.

Instead, i am getting this -

So essentially, after selecting the skeleton then hitting shift and RMB over the mesh then hitting CTRL P it is giving me no option to assign the metarig to the makehuman mesh.

I noticed other people on a similar thread saying one solution is to go into edit mode and selecting all before trying, but that does nothing either.

Please help!

Did you allow Makehuman to be exported with it’s own rig?

You have the objects selected in the wrong order. Select the mesh first, then the armature.

But in any case you are using rigify incorrectly. The metarig is not the armature you parent your mesh to. It is just a template to be used for generating the real rigify armature.