[WIP ADDON] Particle Surfacer

Developing a particle surfacing addon.

My idea is so that when you surface the particles, you can freely scale, rotate, and move the mesh, even while it simulates or when paused. You can also edit, subdivide ( to improve quality), and smooth. You can add Dynamic paint waves. There is still a lot to be done.

Here is a video showing how fast it can surface particles.

UPDATE: Controllable mesh. WATCH IN 720P

Pretty cool!

Looks great !!!

Wow, that looks very impressive!
Very interesting approach. Would love to try it out and see it in action.

Extremely nice WIP !
I’d be very interested in knowing how the code/math works for this if you’d be willing to share =)

Seems very cool !!
Are you aware of MSMesher, maybe it could helps !!

Thank you all (:
I will be releasing it soon, after I add more features.
@kala_ndo
yea i’ve tried their addon, but it sort of lags and takes too long to get good detail.
i’ve tested the speed my addon surfaces the particles,
500,000 particles surfaced in under 10 seconds.

This seems pretty damn useful. Thanks for this!

UPDATE: Controllable mesh. WATCH IN 720P

Excellent. No idea how you are coding this, so hats off to your extreme 1337ness.

Looking forward to giving this a go!

How detailed result is is possible to get and how do you change the resolution…? Looks promising!

Well right now resolution is based on particle amount.
But I will be adding an option that will let you increase mesh resolution with little particle amount.
& I’m thinking about having it be a node based particle surfacing tool

Node based is cool, but for me the main thing is to be able to surface particles at all. :slight_smile: Too complicated setup is also not good, but if you think that could give some flexibility… ok!

:evilgrin:

this looks amazing, is it all in python , or are you using C libraries?

all python. @russcript

hi albert, contact pyro… pyroevil… great work!!

How’s it’s going? I can’t wait! :smiley:

Is there a specific release date? I have waited for something this efficient and fast and you have finally have the solution. Just imagine all the possibilities with the particle fluids and your surfacer. I can’t wait!

Would be nice to have any answers from you Alberto (also on pms).