Wonky Snowman (Arg! Please Move)

(edit) whoops I meant to put this in the support section…oh well…
This is weird. I made this simple snowman and then rigged it with a single bone chain with automatic weights. But the weighting came out totally weird. When I go into auto-IK mode and move the top head bone, the whole mesh right down to the base wants to flip over. I took a look at the weights and they are all wrong. I tried to repeat the issue on another object, using the same armature, but could not get it to happen with the other object. I guess it’s an issue with the snowman mesh. I created it by adding a circle, then duplicating and scaling, then deleting all intersecting bits, welding the loose vertexes, then using the spin modifier. I also try sort mesh elements, but that didn’t do anything. Scale and rotation are zero’d for both mesh and armature. It’s no biggie, just one of those things were you’re like " what the… ". Just wondering if anyone has any insight into what went wrong. using version 2.71 on this machine.

Here’s the .blend:
WONKYSNOWMAN.blend (483 KB)

this is a job for the regulators. Nothing is normal around here.
That’s my answer you get it? I cant tell you because I know you know it.
Any way we will get to see a snowman animation? Just say you put it here as a work in progress.

I was just going to squish him around a bit as a test, but you never know. I contacted the regulators and they said " arg! "

Here’s a thought. Have you tried to recreate the snowman as three separate spheres before you make it apparent to the rig?

regulate the normals!!! sorry about that. your normals are not regulated. so sorry i was not clear.

Ah, so my normals were flipped. Thanks man. I guess I was never in solid display mode so I didn’t notice.