trojan after download of old version of blender?

I just downloaded and installed blender-v2.64a-64bit.exe and 1 day later my virus catcher found a new trojan, which was successfully quarantined, and rid by re-start. Anybody else experience that? Also have been pursuing Atom (racoon) add-ons off of this site. But somebody here offers “drivers” for their add-on? I think. Oh it was the russian guys Baroque stuff i think its 1led ? bad memory. But getting a trojan when all I’ve been doing for past half week was look at this board and vimeo videos and youtube videos about blender stuff. I hardly ever capitalize. I got rid of the whole thing. are there trojan viruses lurking in the blender.org milieu, anybody know?:yes:

I would so like to be a moderator for these kind of posts…

Not sure if that even qualify as a post. Some people have way to much free time

Moved from “General Forums > Blender and CG Discussions” to “Support > Technical Support”

If you’ve downloaded that file from blender.org, I’m nearly certain that your anti-virus software is giving you a false positive. When’s the last time you updated it?

Also, as it pertains to the add-ons, the drivers discussed there are not system drivers for hardware. There are things called “drivers” in Blender that are frequently used in animation rigs (and other complex tasks). They’re covered pretty thoroughly in Blender’s documentation.

Why Blender 2.64? The current release is 2.72.