Help me to get best scene setup for rendering

Hey guys,

I have to do some renderings to show the best of my work. I am using Cycles, but I can use Luxrender also if necessary, however, I am not getting the best results. I am using AO set to 0.1, I do not get much improvements if I use a World->Surface->Background.

Any advices, tips and tricks for this?

For what, exactly?
Rendering a scene we know nothing about? Outdoors, indoors, studio, product viz, arch viz, character, photo-realistic, stylized, still, animation… Huh?

You didn’t even tell us what your problem is… What’s wrong with your renders?

Is product viz.

My setup is a huge plane, with the product in middle, a light and camera.

And you’re not satisfied with your current results, because…? Show us what you have and what you don’t like!

Look, I don’t want to come off as harsh, but your initial post was like asking something like this in a forum for DIY car repairs:
Listen, I need to repair my car, but it doesn’t work. Even with a 17 mm screw wrench I’m not getting much improvement. Any advices, tips and tricks for this?

Don’t let us worm the information of you bit by bit! The more information you give us, the better we will be able to help!

I’ve put a screen for more info and I’ve changed only the center mesh with the blender monkey, this is the best what I can get so far, and I am not sure how to make it to look better. I am not sure if shall I change the background or put a HDRI map. As I said, any advice is welcome.

Such studio setups use often 3 point light + HDRI, there are several tutorials about.
Here is one of them:

Cheers, mib

That “huge plane” approach forces you to use steep, “from above” camera angles to avoid seeing the horizon line. That’s not always the most perfect angle to show your model.

It’s better to fake an infinite background by imitating a photography sweep with a simple mesh.

Thanks for advices guys, I really appreciate!:slight_smile:

Here is what I got so far, using light box mesh and 3 light system. Again any feedback is welcome!