Graphics card for 2012 mac pro?

I know everybody recommends using linux, windows, ect. But I have too much invested in software for mac. I was looking at the gtx 970/980 or even the 780ti but the only “mac” version is a 660. I learned blender on a 2008 black macbook that took DAYS to render with cycles.

Ive heard of a couple walkarounds to use these other cards on a mac but i wasnt sure the difficulty/reliability of them.

any ideas? here is the tower specs:
Apple Mac Pro MD770LL/A Desktop

• Single 3.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon Processor
  • 6 GB of 1066 MHz DDR3 ECC SDRAM (three 2 GB DIMMs)
  • 1 TB Serial ATA Hard Drive (3Gb/s; 7200 rpm)
  • ATI Radeon HD 5770 Graphics with 1 GB of GDDR5 Memory
  • Mac OS X v10.8 Mountain Lion Operating System

Hi, i know a guy who uses Titan in his Mac Pro. And as I know it works no problem. Not informed about what tricks he did to to make it work, but it’s very possible that it worked out of box.

You can also try posting in tonymacx86.com forum. It’s hackintosh oriented, but I believe it’s same thing.

I can tell that i’m myself using a hackintosh with gtx 660 Ti card which works natively. But i recently discovered that the card works only half speed. When i restart the computer it renders the BMW scene in 52 sec, but after 5 mins of computer using, the GPU becomes 2 times slower. I guess it’s something with power management. I’m tired of this OS X hassle and i’m gonne give up OS X. I prefer OS X and I was hoping for new mac pros being good. But it looks that Apple doesn’t care about 3D artists anymore.