"Indie vs PewDiePie" Game Jam Team

Hi, I’m building a small team for the upcoming “Indie vs PewDiePie” 72 hour game jam at GameJolt on 21st-23rd November. Currently we are 2 developers, a writer and 3 voice actors. The only thing left to add to the mix is the artists. Besides programming, I can also cover for art, as I use blender and gimp for modeling and texturing game objects in my solo projects, but it would be great if we had one or two people on the team who are dedicated to the role :slight_smile:

It would be great if you can do two or more of the following:

• Low-poly basic 3D modeling of characters and props
  • Rigging human models
  • Animating 3D characters
  • Texture generation/creation
  • Basic GUI art

Most importantly you should:

• have good communication skills (be online and reply)
  • be available for most of the time during the game jam period
  • create everything during the game jam period (jam rules)
  • be a cool person who knows how to work with others
  • use any tools you like (as long as you have appropriate licenses)
  • be OK with some profanity and dirty jokes in the game (I’ll try to keep it mostly witty, but still… pewdiepie)

I can’t disclose too much information publicly (it’s a competition after all :smiley:http://forum.unity3d.com/styles/default/xenforo/clear.png), but basically it is supposed to be a silly game that is fun to watch (as well as play). I’ll fill you in with the details in private. Since it’s a game jam, quality doesn’t matter as much as being able to finish on time. And most of assets will be quick and simple.

Compensation
There is no direct compensation, even if (when) we win the prize is $0. Basically we do it for fun. What you get instead is a finished game for your portfolio and possibly a little fame. If enough people decide to stick around after the show maybe we could make into a commercial game (and decide how to share the profit then).

Contacts
Drop me an e-mail at: [email protected]
or PM

what engine?

I emailed you my info. Some vague information about the game would be nice, though.

Woops, forgot to mention… it will be developed in Unity 4, we’re arguing whether we should use pro or free, but will most probably settle for pro trial.
So, yeah… we can achieve some cool graphics effects in Unity to play along with the assets.

Sure, the setting will be a rugby stadium, the camera will be too far for the details on individual objects/characters to matter that much, most of the props won’t probably be crucial to the gameplay (just for aesthetics and atmosphere), the concept I’ll keep a secret :slight_smile: (but will send you in an email), the game itself will be game a simple arcade style game (not a rugby game), but we’re not allowed to do detailed design on the mechanics before the start of the jam, so that’s as far as it goes.

Bump (I’m really sorry)

The position is open once again.
Our 3D artist got unexpected happy news and won’t be able to spend as much time as he planned, so we’ll still need someone to save the day and help us out on this quest :slight_smile: