Blenderguru Nature's Fury Competition - My Entry

Hi guys lately I’ve been working on the Nature’s Fury competition hosted by Andrew Price at blenderguru.com :yes:

critique is welcome

This is my entry. I chose to do an earthquake as my theme. Hope you like it:evilgrin:

note: The crack is meant to open slowly so there is no vibration at all.

Cycles, 800 samples
1 hour and 45 minutes to render
With composition and minor post production in GIMP
Dimensions: 1400x2016

openGL Render:

I did did not get to finish it completely, but I had to submit the render. There are still some things I want to change, like the water looking a little too bluish, and some other stuff.

Such a peaceful earthquake

Did the ground slowly split open over a period of hours then, the house otherwise looks rather intact for the aftermath of a quake powerful enough to do that (especially since it seems to lack any retrofits for resisting any form of shaking).

Or perhaps this was the intent and you wanted to do something more cheery?

I ment do do a crack opening slowly in the aftermath of an earthquake, after everything’s gotten okay again, I thought it would be nice to have it making a big crack :slight_smile: I intended to do a peaceful earthquake too. So in short, I intended to make a more cheery version :smiley:

Good Image. But could use some more work on the composition of the image

I was trying to make it better but due to the limits of time I did not get to do better compositing