Video editor not loading

I am currently working on a project that i want to speed up about 100 times in the blender video editor. The original footage is in four clips of different lengths and i am applying the speed strips to each piece of footage individually, But once i change how much it is sped up, something strange happens and the video just goes blank and i can’t view it in the top half of the screen or when i render it the first about 10 seconds are fine but then the rest is just blank. I have never seen a tutorial for the video editor and i was just guessing how to use it but if you could tell me if i skipped a step or something because i have no idea what is wrong. Please help

Moved from “General Forums > Blender and CG Discussions” to “Support > Compositing and Post Processing”

You should probably share a bit more information. For instance, what format and codec is your input video (h.264 wrapped in AVI, WMV, image sequence, etc.)?

Well I’m not 100% sure what it is but when i look at the file it is ended with a .AVI ,The videos where recorded with a screen capture software called Fraps if that can help.

That might be the source of the issue. Fraps uses a proprietary codec wrapped in an AVI container. FFMPEG (the library that encodes and decodes video in Blender) can read these files, but my guess is that the speed strips make assumptions about the video file that FFMPEG can’t quite fulfill. If you want to use Blender to adjust the speed, you may need to transcode to a different format first. But if you’re going to do that, you can probably use whatever transcoding software you’re using to do the time scaling, too.

You could try the software below. It allows you to speed up and slow down the speed. I’m not sure if it will accept that format.
http://slowmovideo.granjow.net/index.html

Steve S

thanks much

Hmm what do you suggest i do