Smili - Sketchbook

Hi all!

I’ve been posting some doodles that come to my mind on my tumblr page but not here, so I’ve decided start this skectchbook.

THUMBNAIL EDIT

spike_vi_th

6 Likes

Here are the concept of three ideas for a poster of a choral festival I did some time ago…

Again cycles, and strong postpro.

Attachments

2 Likes

Very elegant.

Woah I saw your tumblr awhile back and was inpressed! Good work here man- keep it coming.

Two more, playing with particles.

Cubock:

Some kind of landscape with a lot of cubes…

Smiloween:

Trying to achieve some creepy smile for halloween… liked more the result than the other one…but in fact is the same more or less…

Thanks for watching it!

2 Likes

And the last for now…

Plain Fest:

Trying to find the beauty of a bunch of chaotic polygons. That’s always funny to me. As always cycles and a lot of postpro.

1 Like

Feels very paper-ish. I like it, as well as you other work. Great job!

Thanks @fifinel!

And another thing that I’ve made:

The Observers:

(family portrait)

Some kind of characters, focusing on how they look at you. As always, cycles and a lot of postpro with photoshop.

2 Likes

And here, one by one:

Attachments

2 Likes

Still a little bit noisy, and some mesh issues, but I liked the result, hope you too guys!

Attachments

1 Like

Another one:

Fade to White

Really nice work ! The mood on those pictures is wonderfull. I’m more scepitcal about the last one, seems a bit messy but the idea is good.

A lot of thanks for your comment Yadoob! Glad you like it and yes, I agree about the last one…

i like all of this very much. you seem to have a good eye for colour.

#12, #13, love these pieces. The renderings make them shine! Great pieces.
#14, the new one’s got a nice presentation!

Really nice idea, and style overall!

This is amazing. What kind of postpro-effects did you use? Do you edit it in blender or do you use something like photoshop?

Hi all,

@blackdot: a lot of thanks! I always try to make colors look as realistic as possible within the unrealistic scenes…

@0rAngE: thanks! Glad you like it!

@Monsaki: many thanks! The postpro was made with photoshop, and mostly are adjusting curves, bright and contrast, color corrections… and lens effects like dof, lens dust and lens correction…but I don’t spend too much time with this… and with blender you cand do it too with the compositor…

Sorry for my bad english people :frowning:

Another doodle:

Knots

Hope you like it!

1 Like

Hi,

some kind of landscape…

Yellowscape:

Hope you like it!

1 Like

You have a good start on some procedural cauliflower there!