Studio Renders (contains nudity)

Hi, I tried some realistic renders in cycles. I want to do short animation if I will have time.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]342898[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]342899[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]342900[/ATTACH]
http://www.raha.cz/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/glass_studio_render_raha.jpg
http://www.raha.cz/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/apple_clay.jpg
http://www.raha.cz/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/lemon_clay.jpg

These are really well done … great job

First render looks really nice

Very nice result, they look very real.

Totally photorealistic!!

No one could say those pictures are not photos.
Great job. :yes:

Nice work. I’d say that the normal map on the floor is a bit too strong, though, as is the normal map on the lemons.

Did you use SSS on the apples? They look a bit wooden somehow.

Wow! Some of the best fruit I’ve seen. The apples look really great!

Thank you guys :eyebrowlift:
Kemmler - Yes apples has sss too, maybe it could be little bit more, hard to say

Nice result! Fruits are hand modeled/etc or you used some 3d scan software (especially the lemon)?

mik1190 - thanks, both are sculpted mainly in Zbrush, surface detail is from texture

Great looking scene! I like the lighting a lot. I think the apples could do with a little scattering though, they look a little too flat at the moment!

The issue with the apples is not the scattering, but rather the reflectance model. The surface of your apple is not shiny enough, but also too matte to be really believable, nor does it have any surface roughness deviation (as derived from a texture, for instance). Here are some reference images to think about. Pay particular attention to the glossiness values and variations, as well as the highlight rolloff:
Image 1
Image 2
Image C

It also looks like you are using a fresnel to control the reflection. Try to make it a bit stronger as well.

The lemons look good.

Hm, maybe some SSS in the lemons, should probably refer to the realistic lemon challenge thread if you haven’t already :slight_smile: I like the apples, but have to agree with the wooden comments- but can’t quite put my finger on whats wrong exactly. Maybe some very slight bump? Good job man, would watch an animation!

EDIT
Nvrmind I see now you added the bump, nice detail noticing. XD

bonrw1, Zeke Faust - thanks, you have right, I think the biggest problem is in normal map of apple it’s visible mostly in reflections. I will try improve it, but it is very subtle and I’m lazy :o :eyebrowlift:
bossestrenders - thanks, I didn’t know about the thread

Another render, maybe I will try different lighting

[ATTACH=CONFIG]343296[/ATTACH]

The scotch looks delicious… maybe some lighting tweeks might help the ice cubes.

Very realistic, but maybe a little dark for the whisky bottle

Thanks, finally I tried studio lighting

[ATTACH=CONFIG]343467[/ATTACH]

I add little bit sss, improve normal map and mainly I add roughness map

[ATTACH=CONFIG]343655[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]343656[/ATTACH]

Very nice renders. I like the effect in the last version of the apples. SSS is subtle but really adds to them and they appear to be a bit wet because of the gloss map.