Blender!

after seeing a scene from The Lion King, i just couldn’t resist. I really did see this scene in my head when i first came across blender :smiley:

Haha! Nice :slight_smile: I want a pair of the monkey’s shorts :slight_smile: I think you might need to adjust the focal length even more so he’s really shoving the Blender guy in the viewer’s face :slight_smile:

haha. that reminds me of a character called ‘blendo’ that was featured in some early tutorials…I wonder if there is a pic of him out there. I think I will check…
(edit) yep found him
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/User:Fiddle/Blender

@vicky,
you’ll be surprised to hear that those aren’t really shorts :slight_smile: they’re just 2 cylinders :smiley:
i was a little cautious with the focal length, but i’ll give it another shot

@modron,
wow, and here i thought my idea was unique :smiley: that’s enlightening, thanks

Love it,
excellent.

@michalis, thank you very much :slight_smile:

here’s another take with a modified camera

it’s still unique, because blendo had a semi-humanoid body, in addition to his blender logo shaped head.

i guess :slight_smile:

seeing blendo (especially his color), it’s clear how much blender has grown over the years… and that’s another reason for me to cherish this tribute to blender even more :slight_smile:

thank you Blender
thank you BA
thank you to all the awesome blender users here
thank you for all the feedback, support and encouragement
thank you cranky moderators :smiley:

Yes! Much more dramatic pose with the new camera focal length, and you centered it nicely. Well done! :smiley:

thank you, vicky :slight_smile:
yep, you deserve your own “thank you” line too :smiley:

fan fluf? nice work anyways…

I like it, seems just the right balance of humor and art :smiley:

You’ve really developed your unmistakeable own style, khalibloo! I thought immediately this would be yours. I love this piece.

aww thank you guys :slight_smile:

@hanzo, sorry i have no clue what fan fluf is :slight_smile: but thanks

@craig, i’m glad it came out as well as it did

@minoribus, really? that’s great to hear! :smiley:

Very cool idea! What happened to the monkey’s right pupil? Is that on purpose?

initially, no… the idea was to use suzanne’s head completely unmodified and build the scene around it. the specularity on the right iris just happened as a result :slight_smile: it didn’t bother me, so i left it

thanks!