Blender hair particles (grass for a scene) rendered with Octane?

Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible to get some good looking grass in blender using the particle system making the children look good with clumping and all that, and then somehow export it to be rendered in Octane. My current scene has 150,000 hair particles with 20 children each. which makes 3,000,000 particles total. Would my best bet be to apply the particle settings, and export as an obj, and hoping that Octane can render edges to look like grass? This mesh (consisting of only edges) would be really dense.

Can Octane render edges to look like grass?

Or would I be better off modeling some simple grass blades, and using those as my particle system, so that when I apply it there is actual polygons to the geometry? this would make the mesh even more dense, by at least double. I did an exort text, and just the edges alone made a 317 MB file.

Note, I myself don’t have octane. The person I’m working with uses Cineme 4D and Octane together. since I am more experienced in making grass look realistic with all of its strand variation and stuff. I was wondering if I would be able to do that in Blender to export for rendering in Octane. Or are we going to have to make the grass in Cineme 4D?