Looxis faceworx

Hi there,
Apparently this software ( http://www.looxis.de/looxis-faceworx-tool/ ) is quite old and doesn’t like 64 bit windows (only 32 it seems).

This is what it says on their site.

• Error: The tool does not seem to work under Windows 64bits
    Solution: Try to use a computer with WinXP 32 bits
  • Bug: when exporting in OBJ format, the texture may be fully black. This is due to OpenGL issues
    Solution: Try another computer or try to update your graphics card driver

I tried it on a 32 bit computer, but that doesn’t seem to help. Does anyone have any helpful suggestions on how I can get this program to work? Or if there are any other free programs that would have the same functionality.
Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
M

Follow Up: It will spit out an .obj model, but the texture it generates in Black. I got this result with Windows8 64bit, as well as Windows7 32bit.
I attempted to see if I could run the program using WindowsXP mode in Windows7 and the program wouldn’t even open.
If any smart programer people out there have any suggestions as to how I can get the texture to not output a black image. That would be awesome.
Also, running it with any type of compatibility mode makes no difference. That I can tell.
Thanks again for any help.
M

Hey Molino,
I am one of the representatives of LOOXIS.

As mentioned on the download page, the tool has errors and bugs, and is terribly old.

We even thought about releasing the source code of this software, but it got lost in cyberspace already years ago.

Since we receive emails from time to time asking for that piece of software, we kept it online, with the information that it is buggy.

The black texture is a common problem, which is due to OpenGL issues, as mentioned.

Your best bet is to try it on a WinXP machine. But again, the software is terribly outdated and does not produce good results.

What it basically does is that it roughly morphs a standard head. Front and Side Picture of a face is roughly applied onto the geometry.
If you’re into Blender, you’re probably better off doing it the right way directly in Blender.

I am sorry that we can’t be of further help - as I said, the source code unfortunately is lost.

All the best

Etienne Renaud
CEO of LOOXIS GmbH