Le Special

I have been working on this scene for a while. I used blender for all the modelling and cycles for the rendering. I used the compositor in blender and minor Photoshop work for the end result. I got my inspiration while listening to some French style music and while sketching out ideas, I thought that it would be fun to make the exterior and interior of a French restaurant. I appreciate any constructive feedback. I have made five renders. I have 2 more images but depending on the feedback from these 3 I will post them later.

Here is one of the other images, please tell me what you think.

I Like the title outside “Le Special”, You can add an effect to the inside ilumination in the first render to give protagonism to the space, I think the chairs are too thins, them look like if them would break if someone sit there and I think the interiors mut to be brighter but maybe the idea is to have dimly lit spaces.

Many of the elements photoshopped in (like the people) are transparent, any reason for that?

Also, the interior is kind of dim and is closer to a thinly disguised back alley more than a nice restaurant/art-gallery (the scant furnishings don’t help here).

Thanks for noticing my work I appreciate it. The people are transparent because I didn’t want them to be the centre of attention, I included them because it creates more harmony with in the scene. The title is very bright so the eye is drawn to that, so I decided to paint in some people and make them a bit transparent so the eye will drop down a bit towards them but not too much that the people become the new centre of attention. As for the chairs in the previous comment, you are not the only person that has mentioned that and if I ever re render one of them I will make sure that I change that hahah :). The light is not supposed to be too bright because I wanted it to be dull and moody/romantic atmosphere.

I’d like to start off by saying that I am really fond of these images (I love the rain drop one) and I really like the French romantic style of everything in it. I’m a big fan of the lighting despite of what everyone says, I think it creates a romantic and moody atmosphere. I agree with James as the people create more harmony within the scene.
I think you should be a bit easier on him because I think he is only young and it looks like he has put in a lot of effort in the scene. Calling someone’s artwork a back alley isn’t a nice thing to say.

Thanks man i’m glad you liked them!