How to have initial state for smoke simulation?

I am using Blender smoke and I would like to it on a moving car which is motion tracked, seems Blender’s smoke does not have any initial state for smoke, for example I want that frame 50 on simulation become first frame or initial frame of smoke simulation, in Maya there was an option like this, also if it was possible that I could run simulation on negative frames was good, I could use that range of time, another idea is offseting the cache file of smoke, are these possible?

Are you using a particle system (this can be done with particles), otherwise I would move all the motion track data/keyframes +50 frames, so that the smoke simulation could begin properly.

Also as a side note you should have posted this in the support: simulations section further down the forum, however I’m sure this thread will get moved.

No i do not using particles, also as you suggest moving track is a good solutions, but I found a solution, This works nicely, first you should bake all dynamics to external file, just check “External” in Smoke Cache section of Domain fluid and use folder you want to cache, then you see name of cache by numbers, for example “_000001_00.bphys” and “_000002_00.bphys” and so on, remove all frames until 50 and use frame rename frame 50 to “_000001_00.bphys”, this will instantly update in viewport of blender and you see frame 1 or 0 is using frame 50 simulation, but you must offset all the name of frames regard to that frame, 50->01, 51->02 and so on.

I think Blender should have an options for this to offset the cache file, as you see by renaming the file it works nice.
Thanks anyway.

Moved from “General Forums > Blender and CG Discussions” to “Support > Particles and Physics Simulations”